Monday, February 11, 2008

Results of neurologist visit

Dear family and friends,

This is Mike; please forgive me if this post is pretty much "just the facts" - not sure I can do much more in this format right now.

We finally got to see the neurologist after about a 2.5-hour wait, and he was very no-nonsense and forthright. He showed us the MRI slides from last Wednesday, and was quite certain of the nature of the tumor. It is a new lesion, unrelated to the acoustic neuroma they removed from Dad's ear several years ago. It is almost certainly an aggressive, malignant tumor called a glioma. It can co-exist with healthy tissue (and is doing so), but grows aggressively.

The neurosurgeon has scheduled Dad for surgery to try to remove as much of the tumor as possible next Tuesday, February 19th, currently for 2:30 pm (but they might try to move up the time). There's a good chance that Dad will need time in the hospital for rehabilitation after surgery.

This is hard news for all of us, but we're glad to be together and to have each other's love and support, as well as that of you all. Your prayers are very much needed and very much appreciated by all of us right now.

Love,
Tom & Lynne
Mike & Tina
Sean & Anna

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spoke with Aunt Joan earlier this evening and heard the news. Thank you, Mike, for the update as well. We are so sorry to hear what Uncle Tom and all of you are going through. I imagine it must feel very surreal at this point. Please stay strong for each other and share nothing but postive energy. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We love you- Cathy, John and the girls

Anonymous said...

Tues 2/12 @ 6:33.....
I am praying for all of you......
especially you Tom...... You are
a very strong and determined person and strong willed/with all our love,prayers and encouragement..we
will be there with you along this journey that we don't wish on anyone...love,hugs...b....
Joanie....& of course Molly xxoo

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lynn, Uncle Tom, and family.....Just a quick note to say we are sad to hear of this ordeal that you all must go through. Know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers and we are sending you strength. Love from Christine, Ron, and Angela

Anonymous said...

I have had the pleasure of living beside the two nicest people anyone could ever ask for for around 9 years now. You guys are part of our family (yes I'm the out of control son). I was floored to hear the news from Lynn and did a good job of hiding my emotions until I closed the door at which point Dawn really wondered what was wrong with me. I can't put into words the love I have for you both. Tom, you are one strong willed man and I know you will take this thing by the horns. Please let us know of anything we can do to help in any way. You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bo

Anonymous said...

When Bo told me the news I just couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to think or say. I love you both so much. You are like a second set of parents to me. I can't begin to express my gratitude for everything you have done for me and my family in years past. If there is EVER anything you need of me or I can help with in any way, please let me know. I would do anything for the two of you. I will pray for you everyday and hope that good things will come to you and yours.
With all my love,
Dawn

susan said...

Prayers continue at Holy Comforter. We're thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I ampraying for the entire family daily. A special prayer will be said on Tuesday for Tom, the doctors & family. You are on the prayer calendar at Providence Bapt Church June Danner

Bishop Alan Wilson said...

Dear Mike,

Please be assured of Lucy and my prayers here for Tom on Monday/Tuesday... and for you all.

God bless

+Alan