Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Latest Update

Tom's treatments continue to go very well with very few side effects. However, he is also still on the steroids which seem to have more side effects than the radiation and chemotherapy! The steriods are causing swelling and sapping his strength. He also is experiencing both confusion and issues with his balance. We have decided that he can no longer remain alone during the day. He has fallen twice in the last two days and has not been able to get himself up. I am staying home the rest of this week to make sure nothing like this happens to him again. As much as we were hoping that it would not come to this, we have asked Sean to move in with us and be with his Dad during the day. Fortunately, Sean can work remotely from any location with his job. He can continue to work daily from our home and at the same time keep an eye on his Dad. Mike too has offered to come and stay, but his job is not quite as flexible as Sean's. I am trying to save as many of my days as I can, as I know that the day will come when I will want and need to be with Tom all day every day. We do not know what we would do without our two boys and the wonderful women who are there to love and support not only them, but Tom and I too. We thank God everyday for Mike, Sean, Tina and Anna.

So please continue to keep us all in your prayers.

Love to you all,
Tom & Lynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thursday 3/13/08 @ 09:40

I am sooooooo sorry to hear about the falls....../it was good to talk with you both last night & I know each of you have your individual daily struggles....so
my prayers continue....to fight this rotten battle/to give all of you strength.../you and in my heart/love/prayers...
Joanie... wolf wolf from Molly Ceili xxxooo