Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tom's strength continues to fade

The strength that we had hoped would return by discontinuing Tom's treatments does not seem to have happened so far. In the last week he has gone from being awake (with an occassional catnap) 12 hours a day to him sleeping about 21 hours each day. In the three hours that he is awake, that time is spent giving him medication, nurishment and attending to his personal hygiene. He is so very tired.

We continue to find joy in each accomplishment that he manages to complete. His finishing his scrambled egg this morning while sitting at the breakfast table was a task that took a great deal out of him. However when the job was completed Tom, Mike, Tina and I rejoiced. It took every bit of strength for him to do this and to us it just proved that he is still fighting!

Mike had planned to leave and go back to Virginia last Wednesday. However, he has not been comfortable leaving us at this time. Sean is coming back this afternoon and will stay with us at least through this week. Thank God that they have such wonderful employers that allow them both to work remotely from home and spend so much time with us. I do not know what Tom and I would begin to do without their love and support. Tina has not yet decided when she will return to Virginia, as her job is not quite as flexible. But for now she too is with us and continues to provide her love and support also. We miss Anna, but know that she is very busy trying to finish up her final semister in college so that she can graduate next month.

Again, we thank you all for your love, support, food and most of all your prayers.

Love,
Tom & Lynne
Mike & Tina
Sean & Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday April 14th @ 07:00....
just got to work and thought I would check the blog/thanks for the updates/even though I talk w/you each day I still check the blog......All of you are in my
constant thoughts and prayers...
and you are all in my heart....
Love ya,
Joanie

Anonymous said...

Lynne - I'm sorry I missed you while I was down on my recent visit to the Shinn's. It was great to see Tom and I continue to keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. I have no doubt Tom will continue to fight. My best to everyone.

New York Jeff